Dear Aunt Alice,
They warned me before I got here that the internet wouldn't always work, but I've learned first hand lately just what that means. Sometimes, I can get on and FB works, but usually, my email has not. Frustrating!! For two weeks, the internet didn't work at all and I had a Linknet imposed retreat from all internet activity. It really was good in a sense - I had good time with God and I learned to take things to Him rather than email or post on FB.
Right now, I'm staying in a hostel in Livingstone, Zambia, the home of Victoria Falls. Today was our first day sightseeing (I'm here with two other missionaries) and we had a wonderful day. For church this morning, we ended up attending a city wide prayer service. What a blessing!!
Later, we went to the Royal Livingstone and had high tea. It was a little pricy, but the buffet spread was fabulous and the tea was the best I've had in ages. Add to that the fact that, while I was taking pictures of a monkey, another monkey sat in my chair and stole my sugar packets and we got to see a giraffe cross the road and you'll see why the day was just a fascinating experience in general.
Tomorrow, I'm going to a game park, on a sunset cruise and then back to the Falls to see the lunar rainbow. Should be a good time!!
All I have to say is WOW. Please post pictures!! :) It all sounds so amazing!
ReplyDeleteKacie