Dear Aunt Alice,
Life is going well here in Zambia, though the internet hasn't been working so I haven't been able to post. I'm enjoying my students, Zambian friends and learning a new culture/language.
Things here just move at a slower pace. Being out in the bush, our entertainment consists mostly of visiting with others. Here, it's common to sit on a porch and talk for hours (as I did today with my new neighbor, Richmond). You drink tea (or sometimes coffee or juice) and just talk about life.
Though it frustrates me when the internet doesn't work (or when I can see my emails and am not able to send any replies as was the case today), I'm learning to sit back and just enjoy people rather than being so driven to the internet.
I hope that this carries over when I return to the US. I hope that I'll drink more tea/coffee with my friends and family, take the time to get to know more people and use those opportunities for the glory of God.
let's have lots of tea dates. k?
ReplyDelete