Dear Aunt Alice,
Things that I love about Zambia: fresh avocados, mangos and lemons, friendly people, tea (it’s such a British culture here when it comes to tea), experiencing a new culture, worshipping in Kikaonde, seeing smiles on nationals’ faces when I practice my Kikaonde, listening to my students try to explain Zambian traditions and culture to me, a slower pace of living and being able to unplug from technology, but still having the chance to reach the “outside” world a couple of times a week.
While I definitely love it here, I have found a few things that I miss from home: real cheese (you can get cheese here, but it’s expensive and doesn’t taste as good as the variety from home), real milk (same as the cheese), showers (we only have a bath tub) and being able to keep my feet clean (I walk dirt roads/paths every time I leave my house – enough said).
No comments:
Post a Comment