Sunday, February 6, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Dear Aunt Alice,

I’d love to post some photos, but as slow as the internet has been lately, that doesn’t seem possible. But, in lieu of photos, I’ll try to describe as best as I can my current home. My housemate and I are sharing half of a duplex (on the other side resides a Zambian plumber). Our home has two bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, a pantry, a dinning room and a living room. My closet here is far larger than any I ever had in the US and the pantry here rivals my mother’s (other than the fact that it doesn’t have a sink in it like hers does). In our backyard, there are three lemon trees. I’ve thoroughly been enjoying being able to make fresh lemonade whenever I take a notion to do so!! We also have a few rose bushes planted in our front and back yards as well. I have a room to myself and is has a bed, bedside table with three drawers, small writing table and a wooden chair.

We share our home with a few not so welcome inhabitants, primarily of the insect and spider variety. For some reason, the spiders seem to prefer the bathroom ceiling, so I’ve made a game of counting them when I visit. Usually, the count ranges from six to nine. Our kitchen has been home to more cockroaches than I would care to admit, but our cleaning lady has been working hard to eradicate them. Hopefully, our home will soon be nearly cockroach free (I’m not sure it would actually be possible to be completely cockroach free, though that would be preferable)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment