Sunday, June 26, 2011

30 days to go...

Dear Aunt Alice,

I have 30 days left on Zambian soil. The last few months have simply flown by and I find myself wondering where the time has gone. With no tv, I spend my days teaching, working with local kids, visiting neighbors, etc. I've read quite a few books (I've even gotten through several preparing for my return to school in the fall) and I've really enjoyed cooking from scratch. I'll miss that when I'm living in a dorm room this fall.

This week, we have a school holiday, so I'm thinking that I'll hop the bus and head over to Loloma to see my dear and wonderful friend who's serving there this summer. On July 9, I get to go out to Musonweji, the site where you first served here in Zambia, with a friend who grew up there. It will be a trek out into the bush (much more so than even where I'm living) and I'm really excited about it!

After that, I'll have two weeks left in Mukinge and then I'll make the 12 hour drive to Lusaka (well, I'll ride in the car) and will fly out on July 25, Lord willing. I should be back home on July 28 and then will be heading to my new residence in KY on August 8. It's all crazy, but I'm glad to know that God is in control and He has it all worked out. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment