Sunday, July 3, 2011

Answered Prayers

Dear Aunt Alice,

This weekend is the annual choir conference held at Mukinge Local Church. You wouldn’t know the church, but you know the location. It sits on the land between where your dispensary was and the home of the Rev. Foster. I’m certain that you would have walked that path many times while you were here.

Today, that area was full of people. I would estimate around 300 or so at least. Choirs came from all over the region to gather together for a time of refreshment and singing. So, this morning, I attended the conference rather than my usual church service to see what it was like.

I almost teared up as I watched the crowd gather, realizing that this crowd couldn’t have gathered if it weren’t for the gospel reaching this area and this area wouldn’t have the gospel if it weren’t for missionaries like you. The early work that you did and the many prayers that you prayed paved the way for many of these people to hear the Word of God. God heard your prayers for the salvation of the Kaonde people and He built His church here.

I wish I could tell people back home about the worship services here, but so much of it really can’t be put into words. There’s a great deal of joy in the singing, the dancing and the clapping. At times, I do find it distracting, but for the most part, I feel like it’s a wonderful expression of the joy that I have in Christ. I’m going to miss it, that’s for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment