Friday, July 15, 2011

Seven Days

Dear Aunt Alice,

My brain is running on overdrive as I think of all the things that I have to do in the next seven days: writing reports cards, giving out “remembrances,” packing, sorting clothes to give to the people out at the leprosy village, writing an exam for the topics covered in Religious Education this term, saying good bye, etc. I’m also still teaching at the school (though I have begun to hand things over to my replacement – she’s the substitute for the substitute!), so I think that the next seven days will fly by before I know it.

Staying in the present is likely to be difficult over the next week. I can’t be so focused on leaving that I forget living!! I can’t spend my last week thinking about the blue jeans that I’ll soon be wearing, the foods I’ll be enjoying, the people I am missing, etc. I need to spend this week loving the people God has placed in my life, taking every opportunity to teach the truth of Scripture to the kids and enjoying the pleasures of life here – fresh avocados and lemons, my fireplace, the friends I’ve made here, tea time, amazing hiking trails and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment