Below is a paragraph from one of Alice's letters. She wrote rather lengthy letters, but I wanted to share this specific paragraph in her words. I hope to be able to share more of her letters in the future, but this was the paragraph that God used to spur me on to apply and go. I don't know if she successfully recruited anyone at the time of the original writing, but God definitely used it for His purposes in calling me to go!!
Musonweji Mission Station
PO Kasempa
NW Rhodesia
December 3, 1924
Dear Relatives and Brethren in Christ,
Six of our native preachers are also out in companies of two on evangelistic tours, and so we are trying in every way to reach the people in this territory that is ascribed to our Mission Station. Up to the present, it has been utterly impossible to reach all these villages being scattered over such a large area. We have asked for a third station and more workers to enable us to reach all the Bakaonde with the Gospel; thousands have never been visited even once!! Surely these people are included in the words and purpose of the Master when He said, "All power is given unto me in heaven and one earth. GO YE therefore and teach ALL nations baptising them in the name of the Father and the Son and of the Holy Ghost teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you, and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." Has the Lord excused you from obeying this command? If so, what are you doing to send a substitute?
Yours in Christ,
Alice
She didn't mince words, did she?
ReplyDelete