Dear Aunt Alice,
Today is one of those days when I wish I could sit down for a cup of tea with you, but instead, I'm sitting here with a computer and a cup of tea, attempting to blog some of the thoughts swirling in my head. It seems to me that you would understand some of what I'm praying through, that you may have worked through some of it yourself.
Going to Zambia isn't a simple thing. In choosing to go, I'm choosing to say no to other things - pursuing my education, financial comforts, time with family and friends, etc. Hopes and dreams must be placed on the altar - sacrificed for the sake of sharing Christ in Zambia - left there only to be resurrected if HE should choose to do so.
I've put hopes and dreams on the altar before, but I've always struggled to leave them there in the past, to continue to pray for the Lord's will rather than my own and to ask Him to accept the sacrifice of my heart's desires. As a result, during those times, I've limped along in my walk with Christ alternating between placing my dreams on the altar and taking them back. I pray that this time things are different. This time, may the Lord grant me the strength to lean on Him, to leave the sacrifices of my heart on the altar, trusting Him completely with the outcomes of them all.
No comments:
Post a Comment