Dear Aunt Alice,
Today, as I perused the world of Facebook, I saw news of joy in the lives of a few friends and began to ask the Lord, "When will it be my turn??" As I prayed that question, I was immediately confronted with the pure selfishness of it and the underlying meaning behind my words. In asking when it would be my "turn" for this or that, my heart was really telling the Lord that I am not content with Him as Lord and that my plan for my future is better than His. My heart most definitely was failing to revere Him as it's Lord.
Despite what so many tell us, we're not entitled to a "turn." The Lord is glorified in giving one thing to one person and another to someone else. He is the one choosing the course of time - not me. I don't know what the future holds, but I am willingly submitting to Him whether I get a "turn" or not.
Thank you, I needed to hear this!!!
ReplyDelete