Dear Aunt Alice,
As I'm preparing to go to Zambia, I'm very conscious of the cost and the status of my bank account. I've been blessed by the generosity of several people, but one of them totally shocked me. Due to this person's desire to remain anonymous, I'll be sparing with details, but the story is just too good to keep completely to myself.
This person is a family member and has been less than supportive of my past mission trips. I was very close to this person as a child, but the situation in my family has made that much more difficult over the last few years. However, all of that said, this person pulled me aside not long ago and handed me an envelope with an extremely generous gift in cash (valued at more than Christmas and birthday from this person combined for the last 5 years).
I don't know where all of the funds are going to come from, but God used this event to remind me that He will provide what I need to remain in Zambia for as long as He wants me there. Through gifts from family and friends such as the one mentioned above and my savings, He has generously given me at least half of what is needed for the entire six months. I should be able to go - it's just as question as to how long I'll be able to stay!
No comments:
Post a Comment