Dear Aunt Alice,
I was made wet as a seven year old, but, on Sunday, January 2, 2011, I was baptized as a believer in Jesus Christ. Stepping out to say that I hadn't followed Christ in believer's baptism was hard. It has forced me to humble myself in ways I couldn't have imagined, but yet it has also freed me to tell the truth of what God has done in my life.
I don't have a drastic testimony of being saved from a life of drug abuse or anything like that, but I can tell the story of me trying in vain to somehow earn my own salvation and forgiveness. It didn't work and it left me empty and broken, but God intervened in my life. He offered me forgiveness and a chance to quit trying to be a better person on my own, but to be changed by Him instead.
I don't have it all together. I still say and do things that are displeasing to Him, but the difference is that I no longer am trying to earn my way into heaven. Now, I am resting in Christ's death and resurrection, trusting Him and attempting to live with Him as the Lord of my life.
I have so been meaning to ask you about this, but it seems lately that all of our conversations have been cut short. :) I only have two things to say:
ReplyDeletecongratulations
amen
(oh, and I love you)