Dear Aunt Alice,
Well, my bags are packed, my orientation is over and I head to the airport in a little over two hours. I'm as ready as I can be! Right now, my emotions are running a million directions - I'm SUPER excited to go, but I'm also feeling slightly anxious, not really having any way to know what is coming my way, so I keep reciting Philippians 4:6 to myself - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and with supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made to God."
This is, by my estimation, the largest step of faith I've ever taken. For the first time in my life, I can honestly say that I'm leaving behind everything and everyone but God. So many people keep telling me that they couldn't do this - I have to be honest - neither can I, at least not on my own.
I have no idea what I'm going to encounter (though I'm pretty sure that I will encounter far more snakes and bugs than I'll ever care to), but I do know that God will be glorified NO MATTER WHAT! My aim in all of this is to obey the One who made me, saved me and demands my all. The outcome is His to determine.
Have been praying for you as you step out in faith. I am sure you are overwhelmed right now. LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete